Become a member
When you join the Y, you join a movement – a movement focused on improving your health and our community’s health.
What You Need to Know
No contracts. No commitments. No annual fees.
- We allow 8 year olds to be in the facility without a parents.
- Anyone 13 years or older can utilize the Fitness Center without a parent.
- Youth 11-12 years of age can complete a Fitness Center Orientation to accompany their parents or guardians into the Fitness Center.
- Individuals 13 years of age can attend Group Exercise classes that do not require weight equipment. (Examples: Zumba, Cycling, etc.)
When you join the Y, you have two options: monthly or annually. For monthly drafts you pay for your membership with a monthly bank, credit or debit card draft. We charge your account on the 1st or 15th of each month—you choose. Annual memberships can be paid with cash, card, or bank account. For more information on additional payment options, please speak with one of our membership staff.
Changes to Membership
Stop by to complete an appropriate change form at least 7 days before your next bank draft date. Changes may include:
- Bank Account Information
- Bank Draft Date
- Household Income
- Adding / Removing Household Members
For households that have more than 2 adults (26 years of age and older) wanting to be active on the membership an additional $16 monthly per additional adult can be added to the monthly draft. Individuals must be living in the same household. Example: College students
30 Day Cancellation Policy
In order to prevent from being drafted again on your selected draft date, we must have you come into the Kearney Y facility to complete a Cancellation Form. If it is not 30 days prior to your draft date, there will be one final draft on the account or card. Cancellations are not accepted over the phone and must be completed by individuals listed on the unit/membership.
Moving to Another Y
If you are moving to a new location that has a YMCA you will need to make sure you are completing a Kearney Family YMCA Cancellation form prior to your move. Cancellation Policy does still apply.
After your membership ends, if you should decide to rejoin within the next 30 days we will waive the join-fee.
For Your Safety
Your membership is non-transferable. Members sharing their bar-code numbers or membership cards with others may have their membership terminated. Photos are required for active members.
All memberships are screened through the Sex Offender Registry to help create and maintain a safe environment for all our members of every age. Any individuals that do enter the facility that do appear on the registry will be asked to leave immediately.
Member and participant information is confidential and will only be provided to those on the account. (This includes usage, program registration, transaction history, etc.) All information remains with the Kearney Family YMCA and does not get shared with 3rd Parties.
Members and guest are required to check-in upon arrival at the Welcome Center desk. Guest will be asked to sign the Guest Log Waiver upon each visit.
Members can check-in through three methods:
- Mentioning their Last, First name to Welcome Center Staff
- Request for a membership card to be printed. (These are printed every Wednesday at closing and available for pick-up on Thursday.)
- Download the mobile app “Daxko”, enter Kearney Family YMCA as the organization, and stop by the Welcome Center and collect your bar-code number.
Behavior & Language
Should any behavior or language not follow the guidelines listed in the facility, we do reserve the right to ask individuals to leave the facility at any time. This will be documented for future purposed and can result in a temporary or complete suspension of the membership.