Membership Assistance Program
The Essence of the Y
With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids and families, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Kearney YMCA ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
Everyone is Welcome
The YMCA welcomes all who wish to participate and believes that no one should be denied access to the Y based on their ability to pay. Through our Strong Families Campaign, the Kearney YMCA provides assistance to youth, adults, and families based on individual needs and circumstances.
Committed to Our Community
Financial assistance keeps the Y available for kids and families who need us most. We count on the generosity of our members and the community to help people of all ages and from all walks of life be more healthy, confident, connected, and secure. Every day we work side by side with our neighbors in our community to make sure that everyone regardless of age, income, or background has the same opportunity as those around them.
Membership Assistance is based on:
- Size of family and/or
- Special circumstances (excessive medical expenses, unemployment, etc.)
What you need:
- Completed Y Membership Assistance Application
- Completed Kearney Y Membership Application or Reinstatement Form
You will also need one or more of the following:
- Copy of most recently filed Federal Tax Returns
- Copy of the most recent two pay stubs
- Copy of Unemployment Benefits Pay Form
- A letter from employer stating wages
If you do not have a copy of your tax return, you may obtain one by calling the IRS at (800) 829-1040. If you did not file taxes last year, or if you do not have the other documents required, please write a detailed letter explaining you circumstances.
The Final Steps
Upon determination of your membership rate you will be asked to make payment through one of two methods: monthly by automatic withdrawal (bank draft) from your personal checking or savings account, or you may pay for your membership annually through cash, check, or credit card. Monthly membership drafts can not be paid in cash.
- Individuals receiving membership assistance must reapply annually or upon request.
- Your membership and assistance will expire if you do not reapply for the at the time requested.
- If you are unemployed, you may reapply quarterly.
- Membership Assistance Paperwork, along with current updated documentation will need to be submitted.
- Your fees are subject to change when you reapply.
STRONG FAMILIES CAMPAIGN
Financial assistance helps men, women and children of all ages. Your gift will have a major impact in our community, bringing a family together, helping a child learn to swim, or discovering all the adventures that await them at camp.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your gift is tax-deductible. And we make sure that 100% of your contribution stays in your community, right here in your own neighborhood.Donate