Updated June 18th, 2020
As we closely monitor the coronavirus pandemic and the role of the YMCA during this time, we strive to keep you informed about what YMCA resources are open to you.
This web page is intended to be closely monitored and updated throughout these uncertain times to give you up-to-the minute information about Y activities.
PHASE 3: Right Direction
Phase 3 Hours:
Log-in information is the email address you have provided us upon setting up your membership and a password you set. If you should have any issues with logging into your account give us a call!
Registration will be required for all Group Exercise classes and Pool time. This is to provide everyone with an equal opportunity to select a time.
Registration will open at 5am the day before each time session.
Before You Leave:
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- CDC and state guidelines encourage seniors and other vulnerable populations to stay home.
- Bring a towel and filled water bottle.
- Members age 13 years and older are allowed in the building without direct parent supervision.
What to Expect:
- Enter through the main entrance.
- Members will be required to complete a paper COVID-19 waiver, (If you have not done so already.)
- Temperature checks when you enter.
- No-contact “self-scan” at check-in.
- Social distancing required at all times.
- No guests allowed; Kearney Y members and Nebraska NationWide members only. (Please see NationWide for more information before your first visit.)
- Wipe down equipment before and after use.
Please keep in mind that as the COVID-19 situation moves forward we will continue to evolve with your health and safety as top priority:
- The entire facility will be allowed 75% capacity. Employees will be monitoring facilities to ensure that the YMCA doesn’t exceed 75% capacity.
- All members must agree to sign a COVID-19 Waiver upon check-in.
- Only Kearney Y members age 13 years and older are allowed in the building without direct parent supervision.
- We are still monitoring the number of people in our facility through check-ins.
- Individuals will need to register for all Group Exercise classes offered and pool times.
- No day passes or guest passes will be allowed for the time being.
- Nebraska NationWide members will be allowed to utilize the Kearney Y facility. (Please review our NationWide guidelines prior to your visit.)
- Kearney Y members only. (New and reinstating membership are being accepted in house and online. )
- Group Ex. classes will be limited and available for online sign up only.
- All members must register for times in the pool area.
- Members are encouraged to use self-check once they are in the building. (If you do not have your bar-code number, we can get that provided to you upon your visit.)
- Members are asked to clean their equipment before/after use: Sanitize Stations are set-up throughout the facility.
- Racquetball Courts are open. We will require for members to register for hour time slots. (Time slots will open at 5am the day before.)
- Staff are required to wear masks during their scheduled shifts. (Excluding Group Ex Instructors and staff behind Plexiglas areas.)
- Members are not required to wear masks.
- Water bottle fillers at Water Fountains will be available. The mouth area will not.
- Locker rooms will be open.
Temporarily Not Available during Phase 2:
- Blue sweat towels and shower towels will not be provided until further notice.
- Steam Rooms
- Family Center Concessions will not be open. (Vending machines will be available.)
- Coffee Station
- Small Gym (Used for Child Care)
- Child Watch
On June 1st all memberships have returned to their normally scheduled draft dates (1st or 15th).
Members that have paid annually will receive an extension of two months to annual duration for the two months that we were closed.
During These Times:
Child Care Programs – Beginning March 23, we began providing care for children of CHI Good Samaritan Hospital and Kearney Regional Medical Center healthcare workers, so they can focus on public health needs. We are also providing services for essential hospital and first responder’s. We will continue to operate according to the strictest guidelines for health assessments, social distancing and sanitation.
NEW SANITATION TOOL
Victory Electrostatic Ion Disinfectant Gun
Using the electrostatic sprayers will enable a quick and effective chemical application. As fully-charged droplets hit the surface they create an even spread. Particles hold their cationic charge for approx. 2-3 seconds – preventing drips. This allows the solution to cover hidden and shadowed areas, and also enables you to cover a large area in a small amount of time. These sprayers have been designed to meet dwell times for solutions so they can work to their full capabilities.
- Registration not required for this area.
- Individuals must be at least 13 years of age to be in the Fitness Center.
- Youth (12 and under) must be accompanied by a parent during their registered time slot.
GROUP EX. / HEALTHY LIVING
- Delay the Disease has returned.
- Prime Classes will return effective June 22, 2020. (Taught by Anne Johnson)
- Cycling Class will remain on Court 4 of the Super Gym and go up to 20 count for registration.
All programs are members only at this time.
- Rookies programs have returned.
- Youth Sports Camps are currently being offered.
- Fall Sports are still being discussed.
- System credits have been issued to all Spring 2020 Jr. Loper Flag Football and Volleyball participants to the the seasons COVID-19 cancellation.
- Credits are available on your online account for redemption.
- Non-members who have a system credit must register with our Welcome Center.
- Pool / Lap Lanes: Open for reservations. Registration will be available online or in-house.
- Swimming Lesson: Have begun with instructors wearing face shields. Swim lesson parents are not required to accompany children into the pool. (Unless for the Parent Child lessons.)
- Swim Team: To be announced.
- Water Group Fitness Classes: Have returned in Phase 2.
- Summer Camp is currently being offered in accordance to the Safety Guidelines and Restrictions. (15 children per room.)