Updated May 28th, 2020
As we closely monitor the coronavirus pandemic and the role of the YMCA during this time, we strive to keep you informed about what YMCA resources are open to you.
This web page is intended to be closely monitored and updated throughout these uncertain times to give you up-to-the minute information about Y activities.
PHASE 2: Moving Forward
Phase 2 Hours:
Log-in information is the email address you have provided us upon setting up your membership and a password you set. If you should have any issues with logging into your account give us a call!
Registration will be required for all Group Exercise classes and Pool time. This is to provide everyone with an equal opportunity to select a time.
Registration will open at 5am the day before each time session.
Before You Leave:
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- CDC and state guidelines encourage seniors and other vulnerable populations to stay home.
- Bring a towel and filled water bottle.
- Members age 13 years and older are allowed in the building without direct parent supervision.
What to Expect:
- Enter through the main entrance.
- Members will be required to complete a paper COVID-19 waiver, (If you have not done so already.)
- Temperature checks when you enter.
- No-contact “self-scan” at check-in.
- Social distancing required at all times.
- No guests allowed; Kearney Y members only.
- Wipe down equipment before and after use.
Please keep in mind that as the COVID-19 situation moves forward we will continue to evolve with your health and safety as top priority:
- The entire facility will be allowed 50% capacity. Employees will be monitoring facilities to ensure that the YMCA doesn’t exceed 50% capacity.
- All members must agree to sign a COVID-19 Waiver upon check-in.
- Only Kearney Y members age 13 years and older are allowed in the building without direct parent supervision.
- During Phase 2 facility hours are adjusted to progress into eventual Summer hours. (Hours are subject to change.)
- We are still monitoring the number of people in our facility through check-ins.
- Individuals will need to register for all Group Exercise classes offered and pool times.
- No day passes, guest passes, or NationWide members will be allowed for the time being.
- Kearney Y members only. (New and reinstating membership are being accepted in house and online. )
- Group Ex. classes will be limited and available for online sign up only.
- All members who must registered for times in the pool area.
- Members are encouraged to use self-check once they are in the building. (If you do not have your bar-code number, we can get that provided to you upon your visit.)
- Members are asked to clean their equipment before/after use: Sanitize Stations are set-up throughout the facility.
- Pool entrance through the Family Dressing rooms hallway.
- Staff are required to wear masks during their scheduled shifts. (Excluding Group Ex Instructors and staff behind Plexiglas areas.)
- Members are not required to wear masks.
Temporarily Not Available during Phase 2:
- Blue sweat towels and shower towels will not be provided until further notice.
- Water fountains
- Locker Rooms (Accessible to swimmers only.)
- Steam Rooms
- Family Center Concessions will not be open. (Vending machines will be available.)
- Coffee Station
- Racquetball courts
- Small Gym (Used for Child Care)
- Child Watch
On June 1st all memberships will return to their normally scheduled draft dates (1st or 15th).
Members that have paid annually will receive an extension of two months to annual duration for the two months that we were closed.
During These Times:
Child Care Programs – Beginning March 23, we began providing care for children of CHI Good Samaritan Hospital and Kearney Regional Medical Center healthcare workers, so they can focus on public health needs. We are also providing services for essential hospital and first responder’s. We will continue to operate according to the strictest guidelines for health assessments, social distancing and sanitation.
Virtual Group Exercise Classes – We are rolling out resources to keep our members and participants safely connected, active and healthy during this time in spirit, mind and body. A selection of virtual group exercise classes are available on our Facebook page, the YMCA 360 youtube page.
- Registration not required for this area.
- Individuals must be at least 13 years of age to be in the Fitness Center.
- During Phase Two, youth (12 and under) must be accompanied by a parent during their registered time slot.
GROUP EX. / HEALTHY LIVING
- Delay the Disease class will be offered.
- Cycling Class will remain on Court 4 of the Super Gym and go up to 20 count for registration.
- Class schedule will remain the same.
- Programs are to be announced at a later date.
- Pool / Lap Lanes: Open for reservations. Registration will be available online or in-house.
- Swimming Lesson: Start date to be announced.
- Swim Team: To be announced.
- Water Group Fitness Classes: Classes will be offered during Phase
- Summer Camp is currently being offered in accordance to the Safety Guidelines and Restrictions. (15 children per room.)