Updated April 6th, 2020
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve, with the guidance and recommendations from our Board of Directors, and state and local officials, the Kearney Family YMCA is adapting to adjust operations and has announced that we will be closing at 7:00pm on Tuesday, March 17th. We will be evaluating (on a weekly basis) when the safest time to reopen the facility will be, with guidance from our Board of Directors, the City of Kearney, and the hospitals in Kearney. Our YMCA leadership team will continue to monitor the community impact of the situation and make decisions about reopening on an ongoing basis.
As we closely monitor the coronavirus pandemic and the role of the YMCA during this time, we strive to keep you informed about what YMCA resources are open to you.
This web page is intended to be closely monitored and updated throughout these uncertain times to give you up-to-the minute information about Y activities.
The Kearney Family YMCA will be closing at 7:00pm Tuesday March 17th for a period of at least two weeks (Wednesday, March 18 through March 31). The YMCA will continue to monitor the community health situation and, should the facilities need to be closed for a longer period of time, a notification will be placed on this website.
To Our Members,
We deeply appreciate your understanding and patience as we navigate the challenging circumstances related to the Coronavirus. We are all operating in unknown territory right now, and we are working as quickly as we can to keep you updated and address your questions.
At the Kearney Family YMCA, everything we do is guided by our commitment to support our community, and this is even more critical now. When you belong to the Y, you are not only a member of a health and wellness facility, you are a member of an organization dedicated to strengthening our community. In difficult times, the Y pivots in response to community needs, and finds ways to use our resources to offer solutions – and you can help.
Stay with Us – Your YMCA Membership Choice
Your membership helps support our efforts to meet the critical needs in our community during this pandemic. An examples of how your Y is helping include care for children of healthcare workers
As we communicated previously, the April 1st and 15th membership drafts have been placed on hold. First drafts please tell us by Monday, March 30th, how you would like us to handle your YMCA membership fees. If you are a 15th draft please let us know by April 13th. You can use the button below called Membership Choice Form to indicate your preference. There are two options for you to consider:
- We respectfully ask that you consider keeping your membership active during this time so that we can remain fully focused on our efforts to help our community stay strong in spirit, mind and body. Should you choose to keep your membership active, please know how deeply grateful we are for your generosity. If you continue your membership now, but wish to put it on hold at a later date, you contact us at email@example.com.
- We also understand that you may have financial obligations; and naturally, we will place your membership on hold at no cost during this time should you wish to do so. As soon as our Ys reopen, your membership will automatically resume. Of course, no Joining Fee would be required. Please be sure to indicate your choice on by March 30.
If you choose to continue paying your membership as a donation, your account will be charged on your original draft date.
How You Can Help
It goes without saying that the Coronavirus has created enormous uncertainty. However, how we respond is within our control. You play a vital role in helping us serve our community by CONTINUING your membership as a donation.
Child Care Programs – Beginning March 23, we began providing care for children of CHI Good Samaritan Hospital and Kearney Regional Medical Center healthcare workers, so they can focus on public health needs. We are also providing services for essential hospital and first responder’s. We will continue to operate according to the strictest guidelines for health assessments, social distancing and sanitation.
Virtual Group Exercise Classes – We are rolling out resources to keep our members and participants safely connected, active and healthy during this time in spirit, mind and body. A selection of virtual group exercise classes are available on our Facebook page, the YMCA 360 youtube page, and a free 60 trial to MOSSA MOVE online.
We wish you and your family good health. Thank you for being a Y member.
Jr. Loper Sports (Volleyball & Football)
- The season has been postponed and will be scheduled to begin on Saturday May 30 and will run through June 27th. At this point, no coaches meeting will be held. All information will be sent to coaches via email, with practices officially beginning the week of May 24th. More information to come as the season approaches.
- We will continue to monitor this situation and take guidance from our local and state health officials and keep you updated on any changes made.
- We certainly understand this change is not ideal and may not work for everyone. If this change of dates does not work for you, we can apply a program credit to be used for future programming, or process a refund for your registration. Please let me know your choice.
- It is our goal to provide the quality programs you and your child expect and get back to an active and healthy lifestyle once it is determined safe for us to do so. Thank you for your understanding, patience, and support! Please be safe and take care!
Rookies Sports-Flag Football
- Rookies Sports Flag Football scheduled to begin Tuesday April 13 has been cancelled. A system credit will be applied to your YMCA account to use for future programs. If you require a refund, please let us know and we can process a refund.Summer Rookies Sports are scheduled to begin Tuesday June 2.
Hornets Track Club
- Hornets Track Club has been cancelled due to the schools being closed for the remainder of the year–which affects our practice space and scheduled track meets. A system credit will be applied to your YMCA account to use for future programs. If you require a refund, please let me know and we can process a refund.
Adult Sports (Spring Volleyball & Basketball)
- Our Adult Spring Leagues have been cancelled. Refunds will be processed beginning Monday April 6th.
Parent Child Swim Lessons
- February 26th-March 18th Session (The last lesson will be credited back to participants due to closure)
- April 1st-April 22nd Session (Canceled)
- Wednesdays: April 29th-May 20th (Open for registration)
- Mondays: April 27th-May 18th (Closed. Will reopen if Wednesdays fill with a waiting list)
Message from Ray Longoria, Adult & Youth Programs Manager: “It is our goal to provide the quality programs you and your family expect and get back to an active and healthy lifestyle once it is determined safe for us to do so. Thank you for your understanding, patience, and support! Please be safe and take care!”
Preschool & Grade School Swim Lessons
- March 9th-April 20th Session (Canceled, participants will receive a prorated credit based off of # of lessons completed)
- May 5th-May 21st Tuesday/Thursday Session (Open for registration)
- June Swim Lesson Registration Opens April 1st
Private Swim Lessons
- Registration closed until May 1st
- Current Registrations are on hold until YMCA Reopens. Participants may have a change in days/times and instructors due to college students who have gone home for the semester/summer. The Aquatics Manager will be in touch upon reopening of the YMCA.
- Clinic April 27th-30th (Open for registration)
- Summer Season (Open for registration)
- Summer Season Parent Meeting Thursday, April 30th at 6:00PM
- Porpoise Club will Resume in May
Lifeguarding Certification (Blended Learning) Courses
- All Sessions open for registration
- Float Fit current session delayed to begin the week of April 19th
- Float Fit May Session has been canceled
- Boga begins April 21st
- April 9th Class (Canceled)
Water Aerobics Classes (Aqua Surprise, Aqua Zumba, TabAqua, & Water Potpourri)
- TBA-Will continue to update
- Spring Break Camp fees will be refunded to all registered participants. (Refunds are being processed starting 3.19.2020. Please allow 3-5 business days for your bank to process these transactions.)
- All Child Care fees for March 16-20th will be prorated as a credit to your YMCA account. This can be used for future Child Care, programs, or membership.
- For immediate concerns or issues please email Liz Cooley at firstname.lastname@example.org.