Jr. Lopers Volleyball
About the Program
Games Begin: Saturday, April 4, 2020
Games End: Saturday, May 16, 2020
*No games 4/11 due to Easter
$10 Late Fee is applied closer to the registration deadline.
Jr. Loper Volleyball Participants Receive:
- Jr. Loper Volleyball Clinic led by UNK coaches and players-Date TBD
- VIP Pass to UNK Athletic Events
- YMCA Jr. Loper Volleyball Jersey
Micro Volleyball : K-1st Grade (4v4)
- Introduction to team volleyball
- 6 weeks of volleyball per season
- Week One: practice session to focus on fundamentals & introduction to the game.
- Beginning on Week 2: Format will be 30 min practice followed by a 30 min game
- Meets on Saturday mornings at the Y – no weekly practices
- Equal playing time, modified rules and playing time
Jr. Loper Volleyball: 2-8th grade (6v6)
- 2-3rd Grade: 6 games per season, one practice per week
- 4-8th Grade: 5 games per season followed by tournament. Minimum of 1 practice per week. Option to have two practices per week.
- Practices: scheduled by volunteer coach beginning week of March 29th
- Game Day: Games will be played on Saturday mornings
- Equal playing time, modified rules and net height
- Divisions: 2-3rd Grade, 4-5th Grade, 6-8th Grade
Coaches, please have players tuck in their jerseys. Each team will have access to practice balls and games balls. No jewelry, watches, earrings or metal hair clips. Players must wear non-marking tennis shoes. Knee pads are optional but recommended.
Registration Deadline: Sunday, March 15, 2020
Coaches Meeting: Thursday, March 19 @ 6:00pm