Honoring Our Community
Thanking all who serve.
Operation: Hero is an initiative that allows us to thank all of those that serve our Y, our community and our country by granting an award to aid in joining the Kearney Y.
How it works:
- Only one discount / award can be applied to a membership at a time.
- First Responders award will have an annual review. Proof of employment will be required to continue award. (Two recent paystubs, proof of active status as a volunteer)
- Military DOD Paperwork does require signatures and takes up to 30 days for approval.
Eligible First Responders:
- Police Officer (Federal, State, and Local)
- Sheriff / Sheriff’s Deputy
- Correctional Officer
- State Trooper
- Federal Law Enforcement Officer (for example, Customs & Border Protection Officer, Air Marshal, etc.)
- Park Police & Park Rangers
- Probation & Parole Officers
- Bridge and Tunnel Officers
- Detention Officers
- Railroad Police Officers
- School Resource Officers
- Auxiliary & Reserve Sheriff Deputy or Police Officers
- Animal Control Officers who are credentialed as a Law Enforcement Officer
- Fire Marshals who are certified Law Enforcement Officers
- Court Bailiffs/Court Officers (must be hold law enforcement credentials)
- Career Firefighter (Federal, State, and Local)
- Wild-land firefighter/ Prescribed fire burn manager
- Volunteer Firefighter
- Fire Marshal
Emergency Medical Technicians
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Police, Sheriff, Fire or EMS Dispatcher
- Fire Communications Officer
- Public Safety Telecommunicator