Super Gym: Courts 1-3
Super Gym Courts 1 & 2
Challenge Court Wednesdays
Super Gym: Courts 1-3
- Winner stays on court
- 3 wins max, then court rotation
- 1 game to 11
- HAVE FUN!
Nets and paddles are provided.
- Included with membership at the Kearney Family YMCA.
- The following rules and etiquette are as follows: Open Play Pickleball at the Kearney Family YMCA is for all pickleball levels.
- During open play, all skill levels play with each other.
- Game rotation is common courtesy. Please be respectful assuring that all players are getting a equal court time.
- There is no “King’s Court” or “Winners Stay to Play” during open pickleball.
- Once a game is finished, those 4 players come off the court and the next 4 players play so everyone has a chance to play with everyone.
- Beginning level players should introduce themselves to the group as to be paired with individuals who will help teach and guide them through the game.
- Intermediate to advance level players will want to be respectful of beginners, who are just starting into the world of pickleball.
- Players must effectively and kindly divide teams into the appropriate levels of play.
- All individuals should feel welcome and encouraged to play.
- Refusing to play at all with beginning players slows learning.
- As you know, one of the best ways for people to learn is to play with better players. (Remember when you started out?) Yes, advanced players have the right to expect competi-tive games during same-skill-level periods but do not have the right to refuse to play when there are open play, mixed skill-level periods.
- We recommend you Reserve a Court through our Program Manager if you do not want mixed level play.
- When there are other YMCA programs that utilize the playing space, players will be contacted about possibility of changing scheduled play times.
Challenge Court Wednesday
- Three courts are available for play (Super Gym Cts. 1, 2, & 3).
- 12 participants are on the court and other participants are waiting on the bench.
- The participants waiting to play will line up their paddles on the super gym track slot outside of the courts. The paddles to the left belong to the first people to arrive. As new arrive, they should place their paddles on the right side of the line.
- When a game is complete, the winners remain on the court and separate (unless a player has been on the court for 2 consecutive games).
- The people whose paddles are on the left side of the line should join the new game.
If you have any suggestions or feedback for Challenge Court Wednesdays, please designate one spokesperson from your group to talk to Courtney or Dillon.
Courtney Burbach, email@example.com
Dillon Nelson, firstname.lastname@example.org