Jr. Loper Basketball
About the Program
Teams will be formed by Y staff based on grade and school attended.
6-7th grade division will have a skills assessment to help determine team placement
YMCA Jr. Loper Basketball is proud to join and be a part of the Jr. NBA & USA BASKETBALL, the official youth basketball participation program of the NBA! We will implement recommended youth guidelines when possible.
Roster Size Max:
K-1st: 6-8 players/team
2nd grade and above: 7-10 players/team
$10 Late Fee is applied closer to the registration deadline.
Included with Registration:
- YMCA Jr. Loper Basketball Jersey
- VIP Pass to UNK Athletic Games
- Jr. Loper Basketball Clinic led by UNK Coaches and players.
- K-1st Grade:(4v4)
- 2-3rd Grade Boys/Girls:(5v5)
- 4-5th Grade Boys/Girls:(5v5)
- 6-7th Grade Boys/Girls:(5v5)
- Practice schedules are scheduled by the coach of the teams at the coaches meeting.
- Team & Coach name, rosters, and schedules will be posted on our Playerspace App.
- Login is email used for registration
Micro basketball: Pre Kindergarten-1st Grade (4v4)
- Introduction to Team Basketball
- 6 games per season
- Game Day: Saturday mornings : 30 minute practice followed by 30 minute game. No weekly practices
- Modified rules, smaller courts, 8ft rims, defensive wristbands, junior size ball, equal playing time
Jr. Loper Basketball 2nd-7th Grade
- 2-3rd Grade: 6 games per season. 1 practice per week
- 4-7th Grade: 6 games followed by tournament on Feb 26-27.
- Awards will be given to 1st and 2nd place teams
- 1 practice per week scheduled by coach beginning week of Jan 10
- Game Day: Games will be played on Saturdays with possibility of Sunday afternoons
- Equal playing time, modified rules and court size
- Coaches, please have players tuck in their jerseys.
- Each team will have access to practice balls and games balls.
- No jewelry, watches, earrings or metal hair clips.
- Players must wear non-marking tennis shoes.
- Defensive wristbands: K-3rd Grade (4-5th Grade—only first 2 weeks)
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 throughout the fall. As guidelines change, we will adapt and inform yuo as much as we can. While sports may look a little different this year, please know we appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we navigate these uncertain times.