Member’s Referral Program
Top 5 Benefits of Having a Workout Partner
Arguably the most worthwhile reason to have a workout partner is accountability. Workout partners hold each other responsible for going to the gym because they keep each other on track and always reaching for their goals. If both go regularly, they will know whether a workout has been missed.
2. Sharing goals and progress
A workout buddy offers companionship, but also creates a competition that can be extremely helpful when someone needs to push through that extra mile or squat. They also give each other someone to celebrate milestones with. Both members can go out to dinner and feel comfortable getting healthy meals without giving in to temptation.
Many people who are trying to lose weight get discouraged because of the rough weeks where weight doesn’t come off. Workout partners can see each other’s progress from the outside and provide motivation, positive feedback and constructive criticism.
4. It’s fun!
Workout partners provide a sense of reliability and help transform the gym into something more desirable – an active social gathering. For example, busy mothers would benefit from having someone else who is going through similar life changes. They can provide motivation and support, and it also gives them a chance to socialize away from the family.
5. It Saves You Money
Because we know how beneficial it is to have a workout partner, we are now rewarding you when you refer a family or friend to the Y. They can save $25 off their join-fee and you can save $25 on your monthly membership! Refer 3 friends? Save $25 off three months! 12 friends? 12 months of savings!
How it works:
- When your friend is joining the Y, make sure they put your name down in the “Referred By” section.
- If your friend stays active for 60 days, you will get $25 dollars off your monthly membership. (See rules for those on assistance.)
- Your friend will save $25 off the join-fee when they join!
- If you refer 2 or more friends in the same month, the addition referral rewards will be applied to the consecutive month after the first rewards was applied.
- There is no limit to the number of members that you can refer.
- Only one $25 referral reward will be applied per month.
- Individuals on assistance are eligible for the program.
- Individuals on assistance will receive $12.50 rewards rate not $25.
- Referrals must be completed upon activation of the membership.
- Annual Memberships, Youth and Golden memberships are not eligible for the referred rewards.